The teacher of adults has a different job from the one who teaches children. If you’re teaching adult students, for the best results it’s important to understand and practice five principles espoused by Malcolm Knowles, a pioneer in the study of adult learning. He observed that adults learn best when:
- They understand why something is important to know or do.
- They have the freedom to learn in their own way.
- Learning is experiential.
- The time is right for them to learn.
- The process is positive and encouraging.
Read More at 5 Principles for the Teacher of Adults